Sunday, November 1, 2009

Winter is Here!

Winter has arrived with our first ice storm. The storm was on the weekend and I (Reid) had to work the CC Hockey games. On Saturday night, which was the heart of the storm, it took me ten minutes to chip the ice off of my car so that I could drive it. I thought to myself "should I just go home, which is right over the hill, or should I use this awesome 2 for 1 Josh & John's coupon and drive downtown?" Well as you may know, the only time before this that I've posted anything on this blog it was about how much I love J & J's ice cream.

So, needless to say, I decided to take my life into my hands and take advantage of this awesome coupon and drive 10 mph downtown from the World Arena. All the while I was driving, I was just thinking what would happen if I got in an accident all because I wanted to eat a delicious treat? Well, 30 minutes later, I arrived to find that I was their very last customer of the night (although I was surprised to find that I was not the only customer of the night, there wasn't even that much parking to be found downtown let alone the 20+ people who were in Josh and John's eating ice cream) because they were closing early. 30 minutes after that, Rebecca and I were safely eating this delicious ice cream on our couch. What a way to celebrate the arrival of Winter: Hockey, Ice Storms, and Ice Cream!





No comments: