Friday, November 6, 2009

SYTYCD (and a little falsehood)

Isn't it great how you can go back in time with Blogger? I went to this concert on November 5, but never got around to posting these pictures. Even though today is January 9, 2010, I am going to pretend that it is November 6, 2009.
******************************************************

If you don't know what SYTYCD means, move along.

Reid and I are big fans of So You Think You Can Dance, and have enjoyed watching real dancers perform real choreography, not like some other "dancing" shows (ahem, Dancing with the "Stars"). (Although, it is true that quite a few of the Professionals on that show were previous contestants on SYTYCD. Good for them!) (Who knows where the "Stars" come from...moving on).

So, when my dear friend Jane emailed me with the great news that she had access to FREE tickets, I was so excited! To top it off, Reid scored us tickets to the aftershow so we could meet the dancers. Awesome!

Jane had another ticket, so I was able to invite my friend, Katey, who as another young mother, hasn't been to a concert in awhile. The three of us had a great time. Unfortunately, we forgot to take a picture of us having a great time. Just believe me. I also tried to take a picture during the concert, but that didn't work so well.

The concert lasted longer than we expected, and however pathetic it is to admit, we were so tired, we considered not staying for the aftershow. I know, we sound old and lame. But we stayed, and here is proof!


This is Randi Evans, a fellow Oremite (did I just make that up?). In fact, the whole cast was leaving for UT within a few hours after this concert, and I was a little sad that I couldn't just hitch a ride and visit my family.


Kupono, with one of his custom "designs," complete with safety pin. It was amazing to see the addiction dance live (love the song: "Gravity" by Sara Bareilles).


Janette, one of my favorite dancers throughout. She should have been a finalist!


Melissa, the ballerina, was very sweet...and tall. (Don't you love my aftershow sticker? They made us wear them...)


And Brandon, whom I would have chosen as the winner! Oh well, that's what I get for not voting.

Well, I feel so much better now that this event has been publicly documented. Now on to Genna... :)

1 comment:

Cath said...

Oh my goodness, lucky! We went to see it here (it was way longer than I expected, too) and the addiction dance was incredibly awesome live! But I was glad Brandon didn't win. He was technically excellent (his second-to-last solo [which he did on tour]was absolutely incredible) but I didn't feel the emotional connection that one expects from America's favorite dancer. My favorite was Evan, even though he defintely wasn't the best. He's just so cute!

Still. Oh my goodness, lucky!