Thursday, November 20, 2008

It's FINALLY cold!

Today it finally feels like end of fall/beginning of winter, like it's supposed to. The weather has been so nice through most of October and November, and I have really enjoyed and taken advantage of each day. We've gone to the zoo and walked at the park many times. Two days ago, I went outside in short-sleeved t-shirt because the high was 74 degrees!!!

Although it has been nice, it has put me in a state of denial about the passage of time. I cannot believe that Halloween is over and Thanksgiving is well on its way. How could I, it felt like summer? Well, today, I almost believe it. It's about 34 degrees right now, and overcast. No snow, but still a wintry feel.

(Un)fortunately, it won't last. Tomorrow will be back in the 50's and then 60's next week. I'm really not sure if I should be complaining or rejoicing. I just hope winter doesn't last through June just to make up for it.

1 comment:

Cath said...

It's been pretty mild here...as far as I can tell. Being from Arizona really skews my perception of weather. But the high 50s is acceptable when I know it will soon be in the teens.

It was literally cold until the first day of summer this year. I finally put away my down comforter in June, only to get it out September 1. Sigh.