Friday, August 8, 2008

Taste of Fall

This summer has been quite hot, especially with no air conditioner or swamp cooler...and we are missing quite a few screens, which makes it difficult to keep the windows open for a breeze. I had assumed that August would be hotter than July, so all through last month, I kept thinking - how are we going to survive?

Well, I am happy to say that I was wrong! After some research online, I discovered that July had higher temperatures than August last year. That pattern seems to be true this year as well: the next ten days are forecasted in the high 70's to mid 80's. Yesterday, it only got up to 70! (It was a cloudy and rainy day.) It was so interesting to feel cold...it reminded me that summer is drawing to a close, and that before I know it - fall (which is my FAVORITE season) will arrive!

I know that there will still be some hot days to come, but I believe the worst is over. I am ready to appreciate the end of summer, and prepare myself to enjoy a beautiful fall.

1 comment:

Petty Family said...

It was significantly cooler in Maryland today too - odd for August. I went on a long walk with the baby and many people I passed commented that it felt like Fall today.
- Emily
columbiafamily.blogspot.com